Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blog 2

Class in the past couple of weeks have been quite interesting to me. I have learned a bit and witnessed how different and the same we can all be. For example while reading through several post, I noticed how many people seem to think and agree on the same things. And then I read those post where many people also do not agree on the same things. There are also the post where people get off track and just vent. Hilarious to me. Basically we have these discussions with specific discussion questions and instead of answer the question the question reminds them of a topic similar or on something different and they get carried away about that. What I have learned this last week in class is that things in the media are not always accurate. I have also learned that many of all our thoughts and opinions are different from what the reality is when you really look at accurate data. Even though some data could be missing, with the data provided what we may think, may not be the case. When it comes to using technology and from the past few weeks of class I believe my technology behavior will change as such that I will start using some parts of social media that I have never really found a need to use. I still believe it may be a little difficult for me because I need a following. I am thinking of using Twitter. After covering the Arab Springs in the last week and seeing the impact social media has had I figure for some of the stuff that's on my mind maybe just maybe social media if used correctly can help me out in making a difference. I have discussed issues relevant to class at work with peers when topics are brought up on the news. Something I think is that in person when you have an open discussion most people are very afraid to say how they really feel so they just agree or have no comment. And then you those who hate you for what you say and how you feel. Then when it comes to class in our open forum it seems everyone speaks their minds. I believe this is due to the behind the scenes I can never be seen. With that all being said social media and information technology, I feel is on the verge of a major transformation on how people carry out their daily lives. Whether politically or personally or by the people and whether ethics is a consideration or not social media and IT is revolutionizing the way of the new world!

1 comment:

  1. Whoever this is, please clearly indicate who you are in the title or body of your post. Email me when you have done so; I will not give you credit until you do.

    -Brad

    ReplyDelete