- Attribution - Permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and/or derived works as long as credit is given.
- Noncommercial - Permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and/or derived works as long as it is used non-commercially.
- Derivative - Permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform only verbatim copies. No derivatives.
- Share alike - Permits others to distribute derived works only under an identical license.
On further inspection, I believe an argument can me made that Creative Commons may have successfully co-aligned the three philosophical foundations for intellectual property rights. The aspect of being paid for one's work is respected, CC's policies promotes social utility, and freedom of expression is protected (Tavani, 249).
Overall I have gained the most information from the intellectual property readings. I record music on my own off and on, but have never officially published anything. I now have a better fundamental understanding of how to go about doing this and how to properly copyright my music.
No comments:
Post a Comment